Search This Blog

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Phobias, panic attacks and chromium

Today I had a shock given by a cat. It is a open restaurant located in a hilly area. Cats are roaming around that area and they survive on the waste food from the restaurant. The cats are freely roaming inside the restaurant. I always have an inhibition to touch an animal and if an animal touches me, I used to have hypersensitivity. I was eating fast and i heard a miaw sound from below the table. I saw a cat between my legs and looking at me making the sounds. Last week, I had a big shock. That event came to my mind and immediately my anxiety became very high and I could not sit at that place. I got up and moved away. Last week, at the same restaurant, a cat was below my table and made the sound. With some sounds I was chasing a away the cat. The cat was reluctant to go away. Then another big cat came. These two cats touched their noses and made a different kind of sound. Suddenly they started fighting vigorously and they both entered into my leg area which made me to have heightened hypersensitivity and panic. I started screaming. The people at the surrounding table looked at me strangely at my sounds and actions. Since cats are harmless in general, they might have thought that I was doing something unusual.

So, this incident came to my mind today and I became restless and I could not continue sitting there.

Similar incidents happened to me with stray dogs.

These kind of heightened sensitivity and panicking seems to be related with increased noradrenaline, adrenaline levels as well as low serotonin and GABA levels. The shock reaction was persistent for some time today. It subsided after I took GTF chromium 200 microgram.

GTF chromium seems to increase serotonergic neurotransmission.

No comments:

Post a Comment