Search This Blog

Sunday, December 26, 2010

My finalized treatment plan I

For the past few weeks I am taking the following nutraceuticals and find myself free from depressive thoughts, anxiety and pronounced stuttering.

In this exercise, apart from the type of nutrients I take, I also find that the timing of their dosing is also very very important to achieve the optimum effects.

I am not feeling excessively sleepy and tired. I could motivate myself to do the things. Even though the effects are not so enriched, the results are optimum and removing all my symptoms.

Time and foodDrugsRemarks
Morning - Breakfast with oatsPharmaton multivitamin capsules with Ginseng


This multivitamin formulation contains all the B-complex vitamins to the maximum of 100% of daily recommended intake. This avoids too much dosing of vitamins.
Noon - Lunch with rice, Indian curry (avoid protein intake)No drugsProtein intake is avoided to minimize the fluctuations in neurotransmitter levels mainly to avoid stuttering. Protein intake in the morning or in the lunch increases adrenaline, noradrenaline and dopamine and give more energy but at the same time producing more pronounced stuttering. So, protein intake can be safely allocated to the night meal. Then the next whole day's neurotransmitter levels can be maintained adequately.
Night - Dinner with rice or bread or chappathi with one piece of fried chicken preferably with a chicken breast pieceLiv.52 - 2 tablets



Folic acid - 400 microgram - 1 tablet



omega-3 supplement - 1 capsule


Folic acid gives me warm to the body and energy. I find it is easy to get up from bed in the morning with folic acid taken at night. Liv.52 taken at night counteracts this effect and making me to sleep longer. So, Liv.52 dosage can be reduced to 1 tablet. Also, I feel that along with omega-3 supplement, I may need to take omega-6 oils also to balance the essential fatty acid intake and also to avoid the side effects of omega-3 fatty acids. Protein intake is mainly restricted to the night meal to minimize the fluctuations in neurotransmitter levels especially the catecholamines. Also, I found that fried chicken is the best absorbed protein for me and giving me more energy than the curry-cooked chicken pieces. 


The oats taken in the morning boosts serotonin levels and the ginseng in the multivitamin capsules prolong the effect of serotonin (by weak inhibitory effect on re-uptake of serotonin) almost until the late noon (around 1.30pm). Then the lunch with no meat proteins also boosts up the serotonin level by the same mechanism. Then the folic acid taken at the night promotes the methylation reactions (to produce adrenaline) which gives good sleep and easy getting up in the morning. Omega-3 supplement gives enhanced tone of prefrontal cortex over dorsal raphae and amygdala thus reducing anxiety and helping in sustaining the speech.

GTF Chromium 200 microgram

GTF chromium can also be taken preferably in the morning. When taken at night, it produced stimulating effect and the sleep was not of good quality. When taken in the morning, it was enhancing the serotonergic neurotransmission. So, if loudness of voice and less stuttering is required on some special days, GTF chromium can be taken in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment