Search This Blog

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Effects of serotonergic neurotransmission enhancers

After the treatment with lot of nutraceuticals and drugs for the past 1.5 years, I feel that my serotonergic system is unable to buffer itself against even little variations. If I take any food/drug which has effect on serotonergic system, my serotonergic system has a profound effect thereby suppressing the dopamine and noradrenaline systems. If I don't take anything, I used to feel worthlessness and anxious indicating the relapse of depression.

The foods/nutraceuticals which produced profound effect on my serotonergic system are given below.

Food/NutraceuticalPositive EffectsNegative Effects
Instant Oats - Morning breakfastLess anxious but not much when I started stutterTiredness, stomach bloating, increased stuttering
Supradyn recharge multivitamin capsules - 1 capsules per dayLess anxious, Alertness while drivingTiredness
GTF (Glucose tolerance factor) chromium 200 - 400 micrograms per dayGreat reduction of anxiety, music is enjoyable, can do tasks if already programmed like a robot Tiredness, unable to focus or concentrate on a particular task (concentration dependent jobs required more time to finish), less clarity in thinking, mental cloudiness, unable to pursue reward oriented tasks even though the reward is known already, confusion in decision making

I feel that the enhanced serotonergic system suppresses the dopamine and noradrenaline systems thereby affecting my focus, concentration and reward circuitary. But I feel that the combination of Supradyn recharge and GTF chromium is very much suitable for reduction of stuttering and reducing anxiety. However, to increase the focus, attention and reward seeking behaviour, either vitamin C (500mg-1g/day) or DL-phenylalanine can be added.

No comments:

Post a Comment