Search This Blog

Saturday, June 13, 2020

Severe headache and ibuprofen

I had severe headache after consumption of becosules Z capsules (just one dose) and applying betnovate N cream for two days. The severe headache may be due to the presence of 100 mg of niacinamide in becosules z capsules. I used to get headache while I was taking niacin before. The headache was right sided indicating that it may be dopamine deficiency-induced. I took 400 mg ibuprofen at midnight. After 40 minutes, the headache disappeared and slept nicely. Earlier, I used to take dicolofenac for such headaches or paracetamol. Diclofenac used to be very effective but due to its enteric coating, it will work after 4 hours only. Paracetamol 650 mg or 1 gm may afford some relief with residual mild headache continuing for next 1-2 days. Ibuprofen seems to be effective. But, I had some stomach discomfort after taking the tablet indicating its ulcerogenic potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment