Search This Blog

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Treatment strategy to have less stuttering for public speaking and class

Today, I have just finished a class at 3.30 pm. The classroom does not have a microphone and speaker. So, I have to speak louder to the audience of 45 students. My voice usually will not be louder enough to be heard by even 30 students. However, today I could speak louder and without any pronounced stuttering, I could talk for 50 minutes continuosly. No long pauses in the speech. No mispronounciations. No non stutterable pauses. I am really surpised by my lecture today. I like to record the things I followed to achieve this.

These days, I am taking Pharmaton capsules with ginseng. For the past two weeks+ I am taking it.

Yesterday, I took
  • 1 capsule of pharmaton capsules with ginseng + 200 microgram of GTF chromium in the morning.
  • No folic acid in the morning or in the night.
  • Yesterday night, I took 1 cup of low fat noodles (No MSG), 1 piece of chicken drum stick piece, 1 piece of fish, 1 masal vada, 1 apple, 2 bananas
Today
  • I had sleep of 9 hrs. I slept at 12.30am and got up at 9.30am. I kept the alarm at 5.50am to get up and do exercises. But, I could not get up on time. I just snoozed my alarm until i get up at 9.30am. Also, I slept on a small bed (bed with little thickness - like a comforter) on the floor. If I sleep in a regular bed (thickness 7-12 inches), my body heat increases. I think it increases my serotonin level in certain araes of the brain. If I sleep on a mat on the floor, my body heat reduces, my stuttering improves.
  • No drugs in the morning or in the lunch.
  • I took bath with Lifebuoy's mild care body wash. I found that certain bodywash products alter the serotonergic transmission. This Lifebuoy's mild care body wash promotes increased serotonergic neurotransmission and improves flow of speech and loudness.
  • I took 1 cup of rice noodles with 1 teaspoon of sunflower oil and little chilli powder.
  • In the lunch, I took 1.5 cups of rice (~300 gms) with some sambhar (with toor dhal) and rasam and I had a ice milk tea.
  • Today morning, as soon as I arrived at my office, I experienced a non stutterable pause in my speech with my roommate. I think that could be the effect of yesterday's drugs. I have also observed that the drugs effect remain in the body for up to  ~ 24 hrs. After that, I could witness more fluent speech. This could be because of the increased serotonin due to the intake of rice noodles. I have also observed that taking rice with sambhar with dissolved toor dhal, helps stabilise the fluctuation in the serotonin levels and reduces my stuttering. It is a kind of supplying protein with fibre which may give a sustained release effect. If I take animal proteins, since the amount of protein is more, it creates fluctuations in the serotonin levels.
So, this strategy helps me to do my lecturer job to my satisfaction.
I observe here that in the next day after the multivitamin intake, I feel good energy and reduced stuttering. I observed the same effect with Zincovit tablets (contains 1 mg of folic acid). So, probably, I may need sub optimal levels of multivitamins. Overdosage, gives me problems. Also, I feel that pure multivitamins may be good enough for me rather than the minerals. Certain trace minerals like copper and selenium are linked with stuttering and I also feel that these minerals may be responsible for worsened stuttering and non stutterable pause. 
 
Along with this strategy, I have to include folic acid to improve my energy levels and the bonding effect. To improve upon, I must try
  • Exercising (aerobic and anaerobic)
  • Including folic acid in the morning or in the evening and see its effect on stuttering. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment