Search This Blog

Friday, April 16, 2010

Exercise, Anxiety and Depression

I have been doing aerobic exercise (non stop running on the spot for 30 minutes) for the past one week (not daily but on alternate days). The time of the exercise is around 9 pm. After the exercise, I feel energetic that night. But however, in the next day morning, I felt more anxious and stuttering was more.


However, I observed one thing yesterday. The day before yesterday night, I took one fish piece and one chicken drum stick and I smoked one cigarette and no exercise and no tablets in the night. I slept for ~ 9 hrs.

Next morning, I took multivitamin tablet, mentat 2 tablets, vitamin C slow release 500 mg with bioflavonoids. I took rice noodles and a cheese slice. I went to office around 11 am. Around 12 pm I felt so much of focus and concentration and less stuttering while speaking. In the lunch time, I took one piece of fish and tea. The concentration trend was sustained until 10 pm in the night. I smoked one cigarette in the night and did aerobic exercise for 30 minutes around 9 pm. I took only rice noodles and no protein yesterday night and no tablets. I slept for 8 hrs.

Today morning, I tried to repeat the things I did yesterday to get that increased concentration. I had the ginseng coffee (same like yesterday), rice noodles and cheese slice. But today, little anxiety was there in the morning and pronounced stuttering was there. In the lunch 12.30 pm, I took a chicken drumstick and tea without milk. Now it is around 5.30pm. Now only I am getting a sort of increased concentration.

Findings:
  1. Protein consumption in the previous night largely affects the neurotransmitter levels next morning until lunch time.
  2. Protein consumption in the morning helps in the sustenance of neurotransmitter effects.
  3. Fish and chicken mainly provides GABA, serotonin for me (I slept for longer time).
  4. Cheddar Cheese mainly provides either dopamine or noradrenaline and may probably decrease the levels of serotonin  or GABA in me.
Update on 12 may 2010:

I need to try weight training exercise for 1 week and study the effect of dopamine in my body. Because I feel that it will increase striatal dopamine and improve my psychomotor retardation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment