Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Blurred vision

Blurred vision occurred to me at the age of 7-8 years. I still remember it happened to me when I played cricket in the hot sun between 11.00AM to 12.30PM. My eyes squinted and could not see the objects properly, especially the near ones. But, still I could recognise everything and I could continue to play. The symptoms worsened when I run more. Still it happens whenever I walk for more than 1 hour at a stretch or strenous play outdoors. If I do exercise indoors, it does not occur. It also increases with stress building activities like driving to a new location to meet an appointment.

So far the possible reasons I could identify to my knowledge are,

1. Increased acetylcholine levels
2. Increased adrenaline levels

2nd May 2010
Blurred vision occurred to me in the recent days while driving for more than 30 minutes. Along with multivitamins, 5-HTP, DL-phenylalanine, magesium, taurine, glycine, vitamin C, I was taking geriforte and blurred vision occurred to me worse enough to impair my driving. However, I remembered that it did not occur while I was going for driving classes. The single driving class lasted more than 3 hours sometimes and it was stressful. But no blurred vision occurred at that time. I remembered that I was taking omega 3 supplement (DHA + EPA = 780 mg) at that time. For the past two days night, I took the same omega -3 supplement and today I drove to 20 km up and 20 km down for a wedding ceremony. No sensible blurring and squinting occurred. So, it is clear now that either omega -3 deficiency or improper omega3/omega 6 ratio could be the reason for my blurred vision and squint. Also I was taking mentat for the past few weeks. It is a dopamine agonist. So may be a dopaminergic neurotransmission also may play a role in this. More literature search is required in this.    

No comments:

Post a Comment